Friends of Grendon Underwood Combined School (FroGS)
Welcome to Grendon Underwood Combined School’s Parent Teacher Association (FroGS). We are an active group which meet on a regular basis to organise events to enhance the school children’s experience and bring the community together. This year brings a new Chair and a new team to the FroGS and we looking forward to building on the fantastic blocks already in place.
Fundraising – a host of fantastic events have been organised in the previous academic year and we hope to continue these and add more! To name just a few of the children’s favourites:
– Roller skating disco, hot chocolate and cookies, film night and FroG Rock!
FroGS aim to add value to the school and enhance our children’s school life. The list below includes just a few items off the School’s wish list that have been funded by FroGS, this list will hopefully give you a flavour of their diversity:
– Numicon for Early Years and KS1, Sports day flags, outdoor classroom, contributions to a variety of school trips, wristbands, house point system, house and house captain badges.
– In the coming academic year we hope to work together with Mr Morrissey and the teachers to invest in School’s IT equipment.
Support – we hope to provide support for all those busy parents out there and hopefully make their lives a little easier.
– The Lily Pad Cafe runs every Friday morning and is a fantastic opportunity to catch your breath after the School drop off, share a cup of tea, chat with other parents and make new friendships.
– We are going to add more evening and social events to the calendar to bring the School community together.
– We hope to be able to offer a supportive role to new parents joining us at GUCS and be a point of call for friendly advice regarding day to day school queries such as uniform, school routines and the clubs etc.
– To offer practical help to parents through a School uniform shop to enable parents to pick up uniform for their children easily in the school playground and save them some pennies too.
– Our mission will be to make the most of community offerings to the School and through FroGS bring discounts to parents on school everyday items that their children need for school.
Representation – every parent is welcome to join us at our meetings and we encourage you to join us for a cup of tea at the very least. We wish to provide this opportunity for you to ask questions and to provide an additional route for feedback to Mr Morrissey.
Current FroGS Committee:
Saz Sunthareswaran (Chair)
Jen Cunningham (Deputy Chair)
Emily Maynard (Treasurer)
Leeanne Stork (Secretary))
Every parent at GUCS is a FroG therefore a member of the PTA. We work on the rule of the more the merrier, so if you wish to join us please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate that you are all busy parents and that is why we have a tiered system ranging from committee members, regular helpers, helpers for certain events days/times and one off helpers. Any support is greatly valued.
To contact FroGS please email firstname.lastname@example.org
FroGs Minutes of Meeting 21st October 2016