Welcome to Grendon Underwood Combined School’s Parent Teacher Association (FroGS). We are an active group which meet on a regular basis to organise events to enhance the school children’s experience and bring the community together.
FroGS aim to add value to the School and enhance our children’s school life. The list below includes just a few items off the School’s wish list that have been funded by FroGS, this list will hopefully give you a flavour of their diversity:
– 2019 – Interactive white boards were bought for every classroom, this has been a fantastic achievement to bring the School in line with others in the County. The Ofsted recommendations included improvement required in Maths. To support this FroGS have purchased maths equipment for the whole school. We have spent £1,500 to upgrade the equipment in the IT room including google chrome books. To facilitate teachers assessment, marking and planning for their lessons FroGS have purchased and online Assessment programme for teachers.
- 2018 – Renewal of whole school reading scheme with new books purchased for classrooms and the library. Science equipment has been purchased for each classroom and equipment including eyeballs for science experiments!!
- 2017 - 16 iPads were purchased which have been in constant use in the classrooms and also an iPad for each classroom teacher.
We have also purchased a 'Buddy' bench, play equipment and and a 'Shop' to enhance role play and mathematics skills in the playground. We have redecorated the School canteen and contributed towards School spruce up days including gardening, power washing play areas, cleaning carpets plus restoring/painting the climbing frame.
We aim to ensure that the children have as much fun as possible through our fundraising events. To name just a few of the children’s favourites:
– Christmas Fayre, Halloween Disco/Party on the playground, Smarties challenge, Easter egg hunts, film nights, hot chocolate and cookies cafe and the Summer Fair!
Support – we hope to provide support for all those busy parents out there and hopefully make their lives a little easier.
– The Lily Pad Cafe runs every Friday morning and is a fantastic opportunity to catch your breath after the School drop off, share a cup of tea, chat with other parents and make new friendships.
– We aim to offer practical help to parents through a School Uniform Shop to enable parents to pick up uniform for their children easily in the school playground and save some pennies too.
– Next year we are going to add more social events to the calendar and hope to bring the School community together.
Representation – all parents and carers are welcome to join us at our meetings. We would love to have fresh ideas to continue our fabulous efforts to date. Our next AGM will be Friday October 4th 2019, all welcome.
Every parent at Grendon Underwood School is a member of FroGS and therefore a member of the PTA. We work on the basis of the more the merrier, so if you wish to join us please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate that you are all busy parents and that is why we have a tiered system ranging from Committee members, regular helpers, helpers for certain events days/times and one off helpers. Any support is greatly valued. Even just supporting us through the following:
Easyfundraising: turn your online shopping into FREE donations – download the easyfundraising app or visit https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/friendsofgrendonunderwood/
Stamptastic: no more hours labelling!! Use this stamp to name all your children’s belongings for School – quick and easy to use and raise money for the School. Our PTA code is the School postcode HP18 0SP please type this in the discount code box when you checkout
Current FroGS Committee:
Saz Sunthareswaran (Chair)
Jen Cunningham (Deputy Chair)
Tanya Arshad (Treasurer)
Leeanne Stork (Secretary))
Join our Facebook group to keep up to date with news and events https://www.facebook.com/groups/182972255606602/
To contact FroGS please email firstname.lastname@example.org